Looking for a present for the PM in your life? She might appreciate some of these gifts:
- Vouchers for Starbucks or her local coffee shop – for keeping going when steering group reports are due
- A subscription to Shattered
- A retractable powder brush, so the inside of her handbag doesn’t get messy, and a fix-all-hide-all powder from Benefit for make up application on the train or in some poorly lit office toilet cubicle
- A nice pen (my favourite is a pink free one from womenintechnology
- A copy of Lesley Everett’s book Drop Dead Brilliant
- A hardback, spiral bound notebook, something pretty but practical
- A diary with enough space for notes as well as appointments – we’re organised in our personal lives too!
- A bottle of wine. Organic – it saves the headaches the next day
- Chocolate-covered coffee beans. Or just chocolate. My favourites are single-origin chocolates from Thorntons but Reese’s peanut butter cups come a close second. Something in bite-sized chunks for the office drawer
- Tissues for the desk in a girly box to avoid them being used by all the men in the office when they have so-called ‘flu’
- A manicure or massage – we spend so much time organising others that we forget to take time out for ourselves. Add a facial to the list if she works in a built-up area with city pollution
- Socks to wear under trouser suits. While men can wear funny socks with Homer Simpson on or ‘World’s Best Dad’ or the Playboy logo, we need sensible, thin, classy socks in dark colours
- Rose and Carnation lip salve from Cath Kidston. This has nothing to do with project management or saving time, it’s just fabulous. I was given some for Christmas (a gift I opened early) and it’s the first Cath Kidston product I own! Hurrah!
- Something from Shiny Shiny (A Girl’s Guide to Gadgets) or from 21st Century Diva which has some great bags
And if none of those ideas suit, how about a copy of my book?!